ACTIVE MINISTRY SEKUSDA REPORT
KILUNGU MISSION 4TH-17TH September 2016
Kilungu is an interior village in Makueni county, Nunguni sub-county, sh.500 from SEKU and sh.300 from Nairobi. The place is purely catholic dominated, few other protestant churches.
ARRIVAL AND PROGRESS.
• The mission started on Sunday 4th September 2016. We received warm welcoming by members of Kikoko Sabbath school-SDA Kilome lead by Elder Gideon Mutua.
• For about 18 years advent message (effort& Crusade) has not been preached/held.
• The presentations started on Monday. The presentations and guests include:
: Family life- Pr Isika
: Health – Samuel Onchari & Ezekiel Calvin
: Bible study- Michael Mariera
: Sermon -Kepha Mirieri
: Prophecy – Peter mwaura
• We confidently testify that the message was really sent to the people of Kilungu.With diligent follow up more souls will be won to Christ.
Attendance and participation
Members that attended were 12 in number. Visitations also began and we visited kikoko fraternity many welcomed with few rejecting us because it was catholic region harbouring the largest parish and home of Catholicism in the whole Kilungu District.
The mission went on well except for some few challenges:
1. At first we were permitted to evangelize from 6am-6pm but God saw it’s good for us to continue up to 8pm i.e. we were given to proceed until 8pm.
2. We had a budget estimate of Ksh. 40 000 which was to be collected from members, the church and well-wishers. The total collection and expenditure was Ksh. 15 580 although this greatly affected our work we were able to carry on by God`s power. Thanks to God and those who supported us in the mission and May God bless us all
3. Sourcing speakers was a problem, but we managed to solve this problem by sourcing speakers from amongst ourselves.
4. All in all the challenges were there to make us stronger and we managed to solve them well.
5. A large area still remains unentered, due to our lesser numbers we could not reach all places.
1. We should encourage more mission so that advent message may reach all people of God at KILUNGU DISTRICT.
2. Follow up should be conducted in this region for more harvest.
3. We should embrace medical missionary and laws of health in our missions so that live what up to our preaching.
4. We should preach, exhort, rebuke, baptize, and draw so many to Christ and make sure we be partakers in that heavenly home also.
The mission ended successfully on Sabbath 17th baptizing 4 members. We pray and hope that God will bring more of his flock to His yard.
1. Corinthians 15:58Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord
2. . 2. Chronicles 20:15And he said, Hearken ye, all Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem, and thou king Jehoshaphat, Thus saith the LORD unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle [is] not yours, but God’s.
And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward [is] with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
Report compiled by signed by
OBED LAGAT TOM OMENDA(I.T DIRECTOR)(CHAIRPERSON)